Posted By: Peter It|
Date: 2009-07-29 09:42
Summary: eXo JCR 1.11.2 Released
We pleased to announce next version of eXo JCR 1.x family. This is a bugfixes and improvements version of JCR 1.11.
eXo Platform JCR it’s an implementation of Java Content Repository API (JSR-170). Java Content Repository provides common programmatic interface to stores of hierarchical and unstructured data, content versioning, locking, observation, search (including full-text search), content export/import and many more.
In addition to JSR-170 features we provide Extension Actions API, Registry service, Replication (Synchronous and Asynchronous), Organization service, Backup service and HTTP backup agent, Access-control actions, Metadata actions, Node Representation service, Groovy REST-services, Audit service, Session providers, Node Types registration, Namespace altering, Repository and Workspace management.
eXo JCR supports RMI, WebDAV and FTP network access to a repository.
Thanking to new version of eXo REST Framework (JSR-311 compliant) developers can write custom REST-driven access to the Repository. Node Representation service can be used as building block for this purpose. This is a pluggable mechanism for representing JCR Nodes in required form.
There are WebDAV plugins for access Repository from OpenOffice.org and Microsoft Office applications.
Repository implementation uses database as a persistent storage for a content. We support Oracle, DB2, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL, Ingres, Derby and HSQLDB backends.
Additionally we’re supporting Amazon Web Services as a backend: S3 and SimpleDB.
Main changes of eXo JCR 1.11.2
* JCR Core Binary Values improved processing: use of input stream with only on-demand spooling of big Binary Values.
* Asynchronous and Synchronous replication Binary Values processing improved: changes storage for replication use less amount of files
* Synchronous Replication Proxy mode simple configuration. Proxy Replication allows several running servers on the same physical host (useful for development).
* Lot of Asynchronous replication improvements: merger, subscriber lifecycle, connection and local storage consistency etc.
* Support of Values large of 2GiB in External Value Storage.
* JCR Core Node.gatProperties() bugfix of duplicate Properties returned for unsaved Node when changes occurs in another Session.
* Lot of minor Backup Service bugs fixed. Asynchronous restore support added.
* HTTP Backup agent improvements of API.
* WeBDAV codestyle refactoring and bugfixes of PROPPATCH and DELETE calls
* Version history Import/Export utility bugfix of Items import.
Find more about eXo JCR on wiki http://wiki.exoplatform.com/xwiki/bin/view/JCR/
Ask us about JCR on the Community forum http://www.exoplatform.org/portal/public/website/community/forum.
Download eXo JCR 1.11.2 from http://forge.ow2.org/project/showfiles.php?group_id=151.
Sources repository http://svn.exoplatform.org/svnroot/exoplatform/projects/jcr/tags/1.11.2.