SOFA 2 is a component system with many advanced features such as hierarchical components, transparent distribution via software connectors or behavior verification.
New release brings several major improvements including:
- General refactoring and partitioning of the codebase, introduction of platform-specific profiles
- SOFA HI profile for C programming language supporting real-time requirements
- SOFA for Java ME profile enabling deployment of SOFA 2 applications on Java ME platform
- Dynamic SOFA extension introducing dynamic language support into the Java SOFA profile and enabling rapid prototyping of SOFA applications (sing component aspects)
- Extensive bug fixes
- Several new examples including examples for each profile and extension