The source and binary distributions of XQuark Bridge 1.1 beta 1 are available for download from the XQuark project home page.
This release features the following enhancements:
* Support of the "W3C Working Draft 12 November 2003" XQuery syntax.
* Support for functions (views) and modules.
* Support for computed constructors.
* Enhanced support of standard XQuery serialization allowing (as much as possible) the user to get uniform and conformant output from the various RDBMS supported.
* New abstract JDBC types supported (BINARY, VARBINARY, LONGVARCHAR, LONGVARBINARY, BLOB, CLOB) with somme limitations (see below).
* Preliminary support of conditional expressions in the return clause.
* Storage function: mapping language enhancements (syntax, features & performance tuning).