Submit New | Browse | Admin | ExportToXml
[ #306413 ] incorrect handling of URi to address database/syncsource
Harrie Hazewinkel (harrie)
Stefano Fornari (stefano_fornari)
incorrect handling of URi to address database/syncsource
On Nov 17, 2006, at 2:10 PM, Michael Riedel wrote:
Just some more remarks on the URI problems I had when addressing
However, I had a problem with the "./" prepending the
sourceURI. When the DB demo client asked to synchronize with "./
contactDB" or "./customerDB", the server responded 404 (not found).
After I removed the "./" everything worked well. I am not familiar
with what the SyncML specification says about the format of
relative URLs. But might this be a bug?
Not sure what you mean here, but some phones add the ./ without
specifying it. You need to use the admintool to configure this, but
actually not sure if the admintool supports it (cannot remember I
First of all, my version of the admintool does not seem to support any
slashes at all in the database URI of a Table SyncSource.
It is a URI and thus a '/' is allowed. There is an implementation issue
related to this that the name of the syncsource cannot have a '/', because
that is refering to a filename.
SyncSources, like e.g. the FileSystem SyncSource, do support it. The SyncML
specification (OMA DS 1.2) also mentions the use of slashes in database
URIs (e.g. "calendar/james_bond"). Maybe all of your SyncSources should
handle this the same way.
Yes, I consider this a bug. See above.
Secondly, I'd expect relative database URIs like "./foo" and "foo" to refer
to the same database anyway.
If I understand the SyncML 1.2 specification
correctly, the server should transform them to absolute URIs before further
processing. I'd expect this to work similar as the handling of relative
URIs on the web. E.g. from the context of http://localhost:8080/funambol/ds
the following URIs should all refer to the same resource:
See sections 6.6.2 to 6.6.3 of OMA-TS-DS_Protocol-V1_2-20060710-A  for
details. This document also refers to RFC 2396  which describes URIs.
However, I have to admit I did not read the latter.
I believe you are completely correct.
The current server implements the URI as a string and that is incorrect.
I believe that the string should be really interpreted as a URI. This was mostly
aliased in the PipelineManager, but is conceptually incorrect.
I'm not completely sure how to interpret these documents. But I assume the
Funambol DS Server should handle such database URIs more flexibly. They
should not be taken literally, but should be interpreted as part of an URI.
That's the possible bug I mentioned earlier.
Yes, I fully agree. That is a bug.
Add A Comment:
Date: 2007-02-14 05:20
Logged In: YES
Accepted. Bug #2014 added in Funzilla.
|No Files Currently Attached|