We are glad to announce that Orbeon PresentationServer has a new name: Orbeon Forms.
Renaming a product is not something to be taken lightly. However we feel that:
* Orbeon Forms better reflects the fact that forms have been the main focus of our development efforts over the last two years.
* This new face will help potential users understand more easily what the platform can do for them.
* Orbeon Forms is just an easier name to remember!
We are encouraged in this decision by the fact that almost all current users build complex web forms using our Ajax-based XForms engine. The name change also conveys that we plan to keep focusing on form-related capabilities in the future like we have done in the last two years.
It is important to precise the following:
* We are not creating a separate product: Orbeon Forms is simply a new name for Orbeon PresentationServer.
* Other XML technologies like XSLT and XML pipelines remain an important part of the platform.
* And of course, Orbeon Forms remains an open source solution!
We will progressively migrate the web site and documentation to reflect the new name, and we can already point you to our updated home page at http://www.orbeon.com/!